Senior Research Associate – Cytometry
We started Teiko Bio to use immune insights to help deliver life changing therapies to those who need them most. Today, Teiko delivers on its mission by supporting therapy development and informing clinical decision making. By using cutting edge mass cytometry, Teiko’s leading assay, the TokuProfile, maps characteristics of response, accelerates clinical pipeline candidates, and supports identification of novel discoveries.
- Familiar with single cell or genomics assays
- Motivated to help breakthrough therapies reach patients
- Excited to tackle ground-floor challenges and work with seasoned scientists and proven entrepreneurs
The Senior Research Associate will be performing immunophenotyping with human specimens. Responsibilities include the operation, calibration and maintenance of cytometer and related equipment, data acquisition, and documentation of results. The Senior Research Associate will participate in the development and validation of new procedures and tests in the laboratory located in Salt Lake City, UT. This position will report to the Director of Laboratory Operations.
- Preparation and immunophenotyping of human cellular products for use in research protocols according to lab procedures.
- Data acquisition, analysis, documentation and maintenance of test results according to lab procedures.
- Perform tests using SOP involving multiple methodologies. These may include automated, semi-automated or manual technologies.
- Operation and maintenance of cytometer-related computer hardware and software.
- Evaluates/troubleshoots problems related to sample analysis and preparation.
- Communicates outcomes to appropriate supervisors.
- Ensures clear lines of communication and expectations throughout the organization.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset within the organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and optimized workflow.
Education and Experience
- A formal degree isn’t required, but you do need to show mastery of biological concepts. That mastery is usually shown by
- BS/BA in a Biological Science or related field plus three years laboratory experience, or a Masters in a Biological Science or related field plus 1 year laboratory experience.
- Experience operating flow cytometers and/or Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorters (FACS) preferred.
- Experience with data acquisition, data analysis, data presentation and documentation preferred.
- Biological Research experience, Biosafety Level (BSL) 2 cell culture lab experience preferred.
- Position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- Able to work independently on off-shifts, capable of handling stress of producing accurate results under time constraints; willing to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates.
- The ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.
- Must be able to work independently.
- General lab skills and knowledge of lab safety.